Countdown to Hebden Bridge

In a few days I will be setting off to Hebden Bridge with four 17 year old boys; my son and three of his friends. This is either going to be very entertaining or absolute hell. Being an optimistic I think it will be great fun. We chose Hebden Bridge for its close proximity to Manchester. We are looking for some culture and epic banter. Let's see what we end up with...

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Sound of Manchester

Serious preparations are underway for the long-awaited trip to Hebden Bridge. A sound track is being compiled to accompany us on the long drive from Aberdeen and back. This will comprise solely of music originating from Mancunian artists. I couldn't even persuade the boys to add in Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights, which I thought would be appropriate since we will be staying reasonably close to the home of the Brontes.

So think of me on Saturday, driving 350 miles with Oasis, The Smiths, The Inspiral Carpets and Joy Division, amongst others, blasting out of the car stereo. This is going to be entertaining. But look how pretty it will be when we finally arrive.



Hebden Bridge - a old mill town in West Yorkshire


No comments:

Post a Comment